Monday, March 28, 2011

Viva Las Vegas - My weekend in Vegas



I went to Las Vegas this weekend and I just got back and I'm tired. In fact, I've been very tired these last few weeks as I started my new job and I have to commute a long distance and time. This is the reason that I haven't been updating this blog as often. I want to but my mind and body is weary. But now on with the story.

I had a chance to see the great comedian Stven Wright in Las Vegas. He performed at the Orleans and the show was amazing. He mainly did alot of his material from his second album but he added new material and he still has it. He killed.

The crowd was mainly older,white people. I'm not kidding you. I think that my girlfriend and I were the only brown people there. I wanted to take video and pics of the show but it was forbidden.

We stayed at Excaliber and I almost had a panic attack as I forgot to bring my supplements and it was crowded with young people who may have been here on Spring break. There were tons of douche bags and wanna be Jersey Shore types. I kept my head low and tried to avoid bumping in to people.

Did you ever hear that song by R. Kelley called bump and grind? Well there is a line in that song that says, "my mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes..." Well in Vegas, I had a Kelley Reversal. My mind was saying Yes. Yes I'm going to party. Yes I'm going to gamble. Yes I'm going to party like a rock star. But my body was telling me hell no!

I didn't even drink that much and I got drunk or tired but whatever you call it, it equaled the same thing, an early trip to the hotel. I gazed in amazement at the swarm of young people with energy, enthusiasm, and hope. I thought, I remember when I had stammina. I was freaking tired and so was my girlfriend so we got excited at the prospect of getting a good night sleep. Time for a taxi.

THE TAXI DRIVE
I raise my hand for a cab and got picked up outside the Orleans.

"Yeah what's up guys. I got to tell you. I almost got caught off. You know there are alot of Somalians. Around here they do whatever it takes to earn a buck. I tell you. I was in Somalia when I was in the millitary and I saw a Somalian man beat up an old lady to take her food. Can you imagine that. If it happened here?"

The topics ranged from the Los Angeles Dodgers, why powerful and rich people are heartless, Feudalism, and Obama. Oh yeah he ended the ride by urging me to "look up the word fascism."

I got to the room and knocked out.

The next day we went to downtown Vegas where it is more laid back and we gambled at The Stratosphere. I played the horses and my strategy was to bet on the long shots because, I figured, all it takes is one to come through and I'd be up! I'm keeping my day job. I lost playing horses and Video Poker. I also watched the college games and was amused at the smack talk that the betters made with each other.

"ATL ATL"
Another guy kept bursting out, "Black and Yellow Black and Yellow". I think he was into bees.

I didn't lose that much and had a great, relaxing, time. I ate like a beast:
NY Style Pizza, Thai Food, Mc Donalds, and TGI Fridays.

My diet will resume tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear! I'm envious, and glad you had such a time!

    "I think he was into bees." Lol

    Getting older is a laugh, eh?
    A good vacation to me now is not having to party & eating my brains out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Vegas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had some good clean fun and went home in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go back to Vegas! I always have a great time there! Now I have "Viva Las Vegas" in my head but that's okay, Elvis is my friend. Glad you had some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a fun time! The "only 2 brown people" part reminds me of the time a friend and I went to see Bill Bellamy. It was a long, long time ago. My friend is Hispanic and (SURPRISE!) I'm white. The rest were much darker. I loved it! Glad you had a good time in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vegas is so much fun, I'm glad to hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in Vegas two weeks ago. I can only imagine how insane it is for people with like, you know, actual money to spend. ha. Maybe I'll finally "do Vegas big/right" when Im like 60 and blow my (imaginary) social security.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story. I've always wanted to go to Vegas. It sounds like an exciting place.

    But I'm not sure how much of TGI Fridays I could take. I once stayed in a small town in England that only had a rubbish "Frankie and Bennies" which is similar to TGI Fridays - after two weeks I was so glad to finally eat normal food like rice and vegetables and other things that are neither meat nor fried, nor battered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun time! Glad you're getting some break time between working and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah maturity! That moment when the sleep seems like the best idea. So glad you had a good time and loved all the people watching and people reporting. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete